Joining the Michigan Chapter is easy and includes membership in the International ACBS organization. Owning a boat is not necessary, you just need an interest in vintage boats and boating. Annual Dues for one member and a co-member are $80 and are payable directly to the International organization. ($55 for the International and $25 for the Michigan Chapter.)
Benefits of ACBS Membership include:
- The Channel Marker magazine, published by the Michigan Chapter three times per year
- The Rudder magazine, a world-class International publication which comes to your mailbox quarterly
- Access to Membership Directory with multiple searches for people, boats, engines, and more
- Videos of how to preserve, restore and maintain all vintage boats – for members only. Click here for a sample..
- Access to the Terbrueggen Photographic Collection of over 22,000 photos of antique and classic boats taken during the 60 year career of Mr. Terbrueggen as a marine surveyor.
- 10% discount on insurance purchased through Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance
- Special discount rates on Hertz Rentals worldwide. Discount coupons for upgrades and weekly rentals.
- 50% discount on BoatUS membership. (Call ACBS at 315-686-2628 for discount code)
- $250 discount on a complete refinish from ACBS Past-President Jeff Funk’s Antique Boat Shop
- 5% labor discount on complete engine rebuild from Casey or Dave at CD’s Engine Service
- Jonathan Reus of Macatawa Bay Boatworks offers a 10% discount on leather interiors, 5% discount on new trailers
- Antique Boat Center offers a 10% discount on all chrome work plus FREE oil change for winterization or summarization
- 5% off on parts at Sierra Boat Company courtesy of Herb Hall
- Nick Lamando offers 5% off a full restoration at Hall’s Boat Corp
You do not need to own a boat to join, you just need an interest in vintage boats and boating. Our members enjoy talking about their boats and sharing the knowledge they have with each other. So, if you have a boat, are interested in exploring the idea of classic boat ownership or just have an interest in classic boating… come aboard!
Bill GrahamRear Commodore & Membership Chair
ACBS Michigan Chapter